Created byShabina Khanam
ABOUT THE COURSE
It is a core course for Undergraduate students. However, this course will also be helpful for anyone of any professional level, preferably holding a college degree or with substantial industrial experience, working in the production, handling, processing, modification and transportation of particulate matter.
INDUSTRIES THAT WILL RECOGNIZE THIS COURSE
Any chemical industry which deals with particulate matter.
Sedimentation and Design of Thickener
Transportation of Solids
Hydraulic Transport and Pneumatic Transport
1. Backhurst, J. R. and Harker J. H.,”Coulson and Richardson Chemical Engineering”, Vol. II”,5th Ed., 2002, Butterworth-Heinemann.
2. Brown G.G. and Associates, "Unit Operations", 1995, CBS Publishers.
3. McCabe W.L., Smith J.C and Harriott P., “Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering”, 7th Ed., 2005, McGraw Hill.
4. Geankoplis C.J., Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles, 4th Ed., 2003, Prentice Hall.
5. Narayanan C.M. and Bhattacharya B.C., “Mechanical Operation for Chemical Engineers –Incorporating Computer Aided Analysis”, 1992, Khanna Publishers.
To access the content, please enroll in the course.
Course Syllabus & Schedule
Shabina Khanam is working as Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering Department of IIT Roorkee. She has completed B.Tech degree from AMU Aligarh, Aligarh in 2000 and M.Tech and Ph.D. degree from IIT Roorkee in 2002 and 2007, respectively. Her major fields of study are Process Integration, Energy Management and Modeling and Simulation. She has almost 9 years of experience in teaching and research. During this period she has supervised 1 Ph.D. and 14 M.Tech theses. At present 6 Ph.D and 3 M.Tech theses are in pipe line. She has published 29 and 24 research papers in different refereed journals and conferences, respectively. She has taught the course Mechanical Operations six times in her 9 years of teaching career.