Enrollment End Date
Created byBishakh Bhattacharya
ABOUT THE COURSE
For certification, visit and enroll here.
INDUSTRY SUPPORT – LIST OF COMPANIES/INDUSTRY THAT WILL RECOGNIZE/VALUE THIS ONLINE COURSE
Every industry recommends to have a basic knowledge about various materials and truth behind their properties.
Introduction to Engineering materials & Mechanical properties
Atomic bonding and crystal structure
Metals and Ceramics
Materials selection in Engineering design
Non-mechanical properties and Laboratory demonstration
1. Material Science and Engineering: An Introduction by W.D. Callister, Wiley publication.
2. Engineering materials: Michael F. Ashby and David Jones, Elsevier publication
3. Materials selection in Mechanical design by Michael F. Ashby, Elsevier publication
4. Mechanics of Composite by Materials Robert M. Jones, Taylor & Francis publication.
5. Smart Structures Theory by Inderjit Chopra & Jayant Sirohi, Cambridge press
To access the content, please enroll in the course.
Course Syllabus & Schedule
Prof. Bishakh Bhattacharya is currently Dr. Gurumukh D. Mehta and Veena M. Mehta Chair Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and joint faculty Design Programme, IIT Kanpur. His research interest primarily lies in vibration control, structural health monitoring, energy harvesting system, intelligent system design and Child-Reconfigurable Robot Interaction.