Enrollment End Date
Created bySudip Misra
For certification please click here
Last date for enrollment: February 5, 2018
About the course
Basic concepts on Data Communications and Networking
To access the content, please enroll in the course.
Course Syllabus & Schedule
Sudip Misra is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Prior to this he was associated with Cornell University (USA), Yale University (USA), Nortel Networks (Canada) and the Government of Ontario (Canada). He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Carleton University, in Ottawa, Canada. He has several years of experience working in the academia, government, and the private sectors in research, teaching, consulting, project management, architecture, software design and product engineering roles.
Week 1: MANET (Introduction, Self-organizing behaviour, Co-operation)
Week 2: MANET (MAC, Routing)
Week 3: MANET (Multicast routing, Mobility model, Transport layer),
Opportunistic Mobile Networks
Week 4: Opportunistic Mobile Networks, UAV networks, Wireless Sensor
Week 5: WSN (Coverage, Topology management), Mobile Sensor Networks
Week 6: WSN (MAC, Congestion control, Routing)
Week 7: WSN (Routing), Underwater WSN
Week 8: Security, Structure of sensor nodes
1. The exam is optional for a fee.
2. Date and Time of Exams: April 28 (Saturday) and April 29 (Sunday) : Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon session: 2pm to 5pm
3. Exam for this course will be available in one session on both 28 and 29 April. The exact session it will be available in (FN/AN) - we shall inform by first week of January 2018.
4. Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
5. The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published.
• Final score will be calculated as : 25% assignment score + 75% final exam score.
• 25% assignment score is calculated as 25% of average of 8 weeks course: Best 6 out of 8 assignments.
• E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score. Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup. It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT KHARAGPUR. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.