This is the first part of the three part course (DADM-I, DADM-II, DADM-III) which covers Operations Research and its tools with applications. In general Decision Analysis and Decision Making (DADM) covers three main areas which are: Operations Research and its tools with applications, Other Decision Making Models like DEA, AHP, ANP, TOPSIS, etc., and Multivariate Statistical Analysis with its applications. These three part DADM course will be more practical and application oriented rather than theoretical in nature.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Masters in Business Administration, Masters in Economics, Masters in Statistics/Mathematics, Masters in Industrial Engineering, Masters in Operations Research/Operations Management, Phd in related fields as mentioned above
PREREQUISITES: Probability & Statistics,Operations Research
INDUSTRY SUPPORT: Manufacturing industry, chemical industry, steel industry, cement industry, etc.
To access the content, please enroll in the course.
Course Syllabus & Schedule
Raghu Nandan Sengupta
Raghu Nandan Sengupta completed his bachelors in engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi INDIA and his FPM (PhD) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, INDIA with specialization in Operations Management. His research interests are in Sequential Analysis, Statistical & Mathematical Reliability, Optimization and its use in Financial Optimization. His research work has been published in journals like Metrika, European Journal of Operational Research, Sequential Analysis, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Communications in Statistics: Simulation & Computation, Quantitative Finance, etc. At Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, INDIA he is a Professor in the Industrial & Management Engineering department and teaches courses like Probability & Statistics, Stochastic Processes & their Applications, Management Decision Analysis, Financial Risk Management, etc. He is also the recipient of IUSSTF Fellowship 2008 and visited Operations Research & Financial Engineering department at Princeton University, USA, ERASMUS MUNDUS Fellowship 2011 to Warsaw University, POLAND, EU-NAMASTE Fellowship 2015 to IST, University of Lisboa, PORTUGAL, DAAD Fellowship 2015 to TU Dresden, GERMANY.
Week 1 : Introduction, Ideas of Optimization and Modeling Week 2 : Linear Programming (LP) and related topics Week 3 : Simplex Method, Interior point Method and related concepts Week 4 : Non-Linear Programming (NLP) Week 5 : Goal Programming Week 6 : Stochastic Programming Week 7 : 0-1 Programming and other related methods Week 8 : Polynomial Optimization Week 9 : Reliability Based Programming Week 10 : Robust Optimization Week 11 : Other topics like Parametric programming, etc. Week 12 : Multi-objective Programming
SUGGESTED READING MATERIALS:
1) B Bazaraa, M. S., Sherali, H. D. and Shetty, C. M., (1979), Linear Programming and Network Flows, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 9812-53-041-X.
2) Bazaraa, M. S., Sherali, H. D. and Shetty, C. M., (2004), Nonlinear programming. Theory and Algorithms, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 9812-53-068-1.
3) Birge, J. R. and Louveaux, F. V., (1997), Introduction to Stochastic Programming, Springer, ISBN: 978-0387982175.
4) Bertsekas, D. P., (2005), Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control-Vol (I), Athena Scientific, ISBN 1-886529-26-4.
5) Bertsekas, D. P., (2005), Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control-Vol (II), Athena Scientific, ISBN 1-886529-30-2.
6) Boyd, S. P. and Vandenberghe, L., (2004), Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, ISBN: 0-521-83378-7.
7) Dantzig, G. B. and Thapa M. K., (2009), Linear Programming: Introduction (Vol 1), Springer, ISBN(13): 9788184893823/ISBN(10): 8184893825.
8) Dantzig, G. B. and Thapa M. K., (2009), Linear Programming: Theory and Extension (Vol 2), Springer, ISBN(13): 9788184893854/ISBN(10): 818489385X.
9) Lange, K., (2010), Optimization, Springer, ISBN(13): 9788181285096/ISBN(10): 8181285093.
10) Rardin, R. L., (2002), Optimization in Operations Research, Pearson Education, ISBN: 81-7808-671-9.
11) Winston, W. L., (2003), Operations Research: Applications and Algorithms, Cengage Learning, ISBN: 81-315-0190-6.
CERTIFICATION EXAM :
The exam is optional for a fee.
Date and Time of Exam:
28 October 2018
Time of Exam : Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon session: 2pm to 5pm.
Exam for this course will be available in both morning & afternoon sessions.
Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published.
No FAQ has been added to this course yet.
Download SWAYAM applications from popular app stores