|Course Status :||Completed|
|Course Type :||Core|
|Duration :||4 weeks|
|Start Date :||26 Aug 2019|
|End Date :||20 Sep 2019|
|Exam Date :||16 Nov 2019|
Week 1: Introduction to population studies (including population geography, population ecology, population and environment and quality of life, Population dynamics
Week 2: Population growth and development, Population policies and planning .
Week 3: Population and family welfare, Techniques of population analysis, Population and society .
Week 4: Statistical techniques in population studies, Population growth and women, Population concepts and aging.
1. Handbook of Population, edited by Dudley L. Poston and Michael Micklin, Springer, 2006.
2. Population, John R. Weeks, Wadsworth, 1996.
3. Population and Society, Arun Kumar Sharma, Concept, 2012.
4. An Introduction to the Study of Population, by Bhaskar D Misra, South Asian Publishers, New Delhi, 1995.
5. Internet material from pages of UNFPA, UNDP, WHO, Registrar General India, NFHS, etc.