Week 1 : (Partial) History of Deep Learning, Deep Learning Success Stories, McCulloch Pitts Neuron, Thresholding Logic,
Perceptrons, Perceptron Learning Algorithm
Week 2 : Multilayer Perceptrons (MLPs), Representation Power of MLPs, Sigmoid Neurons, Gradient Descent, Feedforward
Neural Networks, Representation Power of Feedforward Neural Networks
Week 3 : FeedForward Neural Networks, Backpropagation
Week 4 : Gradient Descent (GD), Momentum Based GD, Nesterov Accelerated GD, Stochastic GD, AdaGrad, RMSProp, Adam,
Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Eigenvalue Decomposition, Basis
Week 5 : Principal Component Analysis and its interpretations, Singular Value Decomposition
Week 6 : Autoencoders and relation to PCA, Regularization in autoencoders, Denoising autoencoders, Sparse autoencoders,
Week 7 : Regularization: Bias Variance Tradeoff, L2 regularization, Early stopping, Dataset augmentation, Parameter sharing
and tying, Injecting noise at input, Ensemble methods, Dropout
Week 8 : Greedy Layerwise Pre-training, Better activation functions, Better weight initialization methods, Batch Normalization
Week 9 : Learning Vectorial Representations Of Words
Week 10: Convolutional Neural Networks, LeNet, AlexNet, ZF-Net, VGGNet, GoogLeNet, ResNet, Visualizing Convolutional
Neural Networks, Guided Backpropagation, Deep Dream, Deep Art, Fooling Convolutional Neural Networks
Week 11: Recurrent Neural Networks, Backpropagation through time (BPTT), Vanishing and Exploding Gradients, Truncated BPTT, GRU, LSTMs
Week 12: Encoder Decoder Models, Attention Mechanism, Attention over images
• The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centres.
• The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
• Date and Time of Exams: 26th April 2020, Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2pm to 5pm.
• Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
• The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published. If there are any changes, it will be mentioned then.
• Please check the form for more details on the cities where the exams will be held, the conditions you agree to when you fill the form etc.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE:
• Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
• Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
• Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75.
• If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
• Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT Madras. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.
• Only the e-certificate will be made available. Hard copies will not be dispatched.