Week 4: Citizens
• Who is an Indian Citizen?
• Can Parliament decide Indian Citizenship without the Constitution?
• Are all constitutional protections confined to Indian Citizens?
Week 5: Fundamental Rights
• What Fundamental Rights do we have and are they absolute?
• Who can we exercise these FRs against?
• Who will protect these rights when they are violated?
Week 6: • Case Study -1: Equality and Domination
• Case Study-2: Affirmative Action
Week 7: • Case Study-3: Life
• Case Study-4: Liberty including free speech
• Case Study-5: Freedom to do business
• Case Study-6: Religious Freedom
Week 9:Directive Principles
• Are DPs enforceable? If yes, against whom?
• Case Study-1: Anti-Hierarchy
• Case Study-2: Cow Protection
Week 10:Structure of the State
• Why is the state power distributed between various entities?
• How is the state power distributed?
Week 11: Separation of Powers
• Is the horizontal distribution of power between the legislature, executive and judiciary based on the expertise of each branch?
• Are the legislative, executive and judicial co-equally branched?
Week 11.1:Emergency Power
• Do constitutional democracies need an emergency power?
• What are the constraints on the exercise of emergency power?
• How can a constitutional regime recover from the proclamation of an emergency?