The indelible impact of environment on the lives of people is overwhelming. The current scenario is particularly compounded by multitudinal issues as rampant air and water pollutions, climate change, loss of biodiversity and the like that has contributed to immense problems of environment and health care as well as raised the inevitable question of survival of life itself on earth. Apart from an overview of the vast subject matter, a substantive understanding in the gradual evolution of pertinent themes in environment shall be imparted so that the student is not only conversant with the overall framework of environmental law but also becomes acquainted with fundamental concepts of basic themes. The basic objective is to familiarize the concept and scope of environmental law and also of its particular dominant issues so as to become a value addition in learning and to ignite academic/research interest, eventually.
- Learning about the significance of developments in international environmental law and the fundamental principles that have emerged.
- Exposition about the human right to environment and constitutional framework governing environment in select countries, including India. ·
- Comprehending the statutory and regulatory mechanisms pertaining to environment in India. ·
- Understanding judicial response to environmental issues in India.
- Knowing about importance of public participation through Right to information, Public Interest Litigation and other remedies in preserving and protecting environment.
- Studying the role of international/ national environmental institutions, NGOs, civil society and community involvement in promoting the cause of environment.
- Understanding the emerging environmental issues as ozone depletion, climate change, energy crisis, nuclear issues, waste accumulation, marine ecology etc.and the viability of posited solutions.
|Course Status :||Ongoing|
|Course Type :||Core|
|Duration :||15 weeks|
|Start Date :||13 Jan 2020|
|End Date :||30 Apr 2020|
|Exam Date :||10 May 2020|
|Enrollment Ends :||08 Mar 2020|