Dr.V. Sudhakar is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Education and DEAN for the School of English Language Education, the English and Foreign Languages Central University, Hyderabad. He has a total of 32 yrs. of teaching experience at university level and out of which 20 yrs. as Professor of Education.
Dr.V.Sudhakar began his professional career as lecturer at the College of Education, Andhra Mahila Sabha. Then he moved to his alma mater, Osmania University. He was with Osmania University as Professor, Head and Dean, Faculty of Education.
Prof.V.Sudhakar was with Wipro Technologies -Bangalore as Head, Centre of Excellence, “Mission 10 X” and as the Principal for Wipro-Cambridge International Centre, Bangalore.
Prof.V.Sudhakar was awarded National Merit Scholarship (GOI), The ICPR (Indian Council of Philosophical Research ,MHRD,GOI) Research Fellowship Award and The Award of Eminence in the field of Teacher Education by the Indian Association of Teacher Educators.
Prof.V.Sudhakar has a diverse educational background spanning physics, philosophy, psychology and education. He has Ph.D. in Education and Postgraduate (Master) degrees in Physics, Psychology, Philosophy, Education and Counseling and Psychotherapy.
Prof.V.Sudhakar is certified as the Rehabilitation Professional by the RCI, Govt.of India. His contributions are primarily in the area of Philosophy of Science Psychology and Education. Most importantly, he is closely associated with the organizations that are working for children in difficult situations, including orphan, migrant, slum and street children and also children of commercial sex workers and child laborers. Prof.V.Sudhakar is also on board of many institutions which are established for hearing impaired, visually and mentally challenged and children with multiple disabilities and SLDs.
Prof.V.Sudhakar worked closely with a number of National institutions like, NCERT, NCTE, NAAC, and many other central universities and institutions in India.
Prof.V.Sudhakar is also a consultant to the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF, and he is a visiting faculty to a number of universities, civil society organizations and government institutions across the country. Prof.V.Sudhakar has been actively involved in designing curricula for various organizations and programmes, including Police Training Programmes, Tribal School Education, Elementary and Secondary Teacher Education etc., in the country and also contributing for the formulation of public policies in Education.
Department of Education,
The English and Foreign Language University
(A Central University established by an Act of Parliament) Hyderabad-500 605
Designation : Professor of Education &DEAN ,School of English Language Education
Recognized Rehabilitation Professional:
Central Rehabilitation Register CRR No. A42014 by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India)
Academic - Administrative Experience:
1. Dean, School of English Language Education, EFL University, Hyderabad
2. Head, Department of Education ,The English and Foreign Languages University,Hyderabad-500 007 from 2011-2014. , and from
April,2018 to till date
3. Dean, Faculty of Education, Osmania University, Hyderabad from 2005- 2007.
4. Head, Centre of Excellence, Mission10X, WIPRO Technologies Bangalore, 2007-2009.
5. Principal, Wipro-Cambridge International Centre-Bangalore, Electronic City, Bangalore, 2007-09.
6. Head, Dept. of Education, Osmania University, Hyderabad during 2004-2005.
7. Chairperson, Board of Studies in Education, Dept. of Education, Osmania
University, Hyderabad, during 2001-2004.
8. Director, C.B.M.D.M. (Distance Courses in Education), Osmania University, Hyderabad during 2005 -2007
9. Co-ordinator, Centre for Curriculum Development Innovation and Research (CCDIR), Academic Staff College, Osmania University,
Hyderabad, during 1991-1992.
10. Chairman, Model High School, Osmania University, Hyderabad, during 2006 to 2007
11. Vice-Chairman for Indian Physics Association, Hyderabad Chapter, during 1997-99.
Some Recent Assignments/Appointments
1. Member, Faculty Committee of the Faculty of Education, Jamia Milia Islamia,New Delhi.
2. Member,Faculty,Pondicherry Central University,Pudducherry.
3. Member, Doctoral Committee in Education, Bangalore University-560 056
4. Member, Research Committee, National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) New Delhi.
5. Member, Advisory Committee, Centre For Budget and Policy Analysis, Bangalore.
6. Member, Advisory Committee, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Chair on Teacher Management and Development, National University of
Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) New Delhi.
7. Member, Advisory Committee, UGC-SAP-DRS-II, Department of Educational Technology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli,
8. Member, Research Advisory Committees, The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) -South, MHRD, New Delhi.
1. Ph.D (Education) from Osmania University , Awarded in the year 1990.
2. M.Sc. (Physics) from Kakatiya University in 1980 with first division.
3. M.Ed. (Education) from Osmania University in 1981 with first division.
4. M.Sc (Psychology) from Nagarjuna University in 2011 with First Division & Distinction
5. M.S( Counseling and Psychotherapy) from Kuvempu University, Shivamogga, Karnataka State, India ,Nov.2015.
6. M.A. (Philosophy) from Osmania University in 1992 with first division.
7. P.G.D.C.S (Computer Systems) from Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad 1992.
8. PGPDSEMR (Mental Retardation), IGNOU, 2013. (Post Graduate Professional Diploma in Special Education-Mental Retardation).
1. National Merit Scholarship- Govt.of India,1971
2. ICPR Fellowship, Govt.of India, 1989 (Indian Council of Philosophical Research).
3. Award of Eminence in the field of Teacher Education by the Indian Association of Teacher Educators , 2011.
Successfully completed Research Projects/Assignments sponsored by :
1. UGC (University Grants Commission)
2. DFID (Department for International Development)
3. The World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development).
4. GOI (Department of Elementary Education and Literacy, MHRD, Govt. of India)
5. GOAP (Director of Adult Education, Director of School Education and A.P. State Council of Higher Education, Govt. of Andhra
6. UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)
7. NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research)
8. NUEPA (National University of Educational Planning and Administration)
9. NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training)
10. NISTADS (National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies)
11. ERU (Educational Resources Unit, New Delhi)
12. NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council)
13. Intel Asia Electronics
14. Microsoft India
15. Dr. Reddy Foundation (DRF)
16. Satyam Foundation
17. Naandi Foundation
18. M.V. Foundation
19. Swadhikar (Organisation for Critical Disability Studies)
20. Social Audit Network (SAN), United Kingdom.
21. AP Police Academy- Govt.Of AP .,Hyderabad.
22. New Education Group-Foundations for Innovation and Research in Education, New Delhi.
Guided more than 40 Ph.D.theses and Published about 50 research papers